During this public health crisis the Cranston Student Assistance Counselors and the Task Force have compiled extra resources to fit the new emerging needs
Stress/Wellbeing During COVID-19
Resources fo Parents
If you, or someone is in emotional pain and needs help, call: KIDS' LINK RI: 1-855-543-5465 (LINK) Under 18 years 401-414-LINK (5465) 18 years and older
Parenting is PREVENTION!
* Make your disapproval of underage drinking clear. Parents remain the leading influence
on their child's decision whether or not to drink.
* Show you care about your child's health and success. Discuss the dangers of underage
drinking early and often. Studies show kids start experimenting with drugs and alcohol
as early as 4th and 5th grade.
* Secure any alcohol in your home. Reducing access to alcohol will both prevent
underage drinking and help your child/teen avoid negative pressure from their friends.
* Pay attention, and you'll discourage risky behaviors. Teens need space, but they also
need boundaries. Supervise all underage gatherings at your home. You don't have to
pry to let your teen know you're paying attention.
* Model responsible drinking. Discuss and model ways to have fun that are alcohol-free.
Raise the bar. Your children will reach for it.